CALL FOR VOTES: comp.sys.[att].[3b1|unixpc|safari]

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Mon Dec 10 10:17:26 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec7.131017.5447 at bagend.uucp> jan at bagend.uucp (Jan Isley) writes:
|This article is a CALL FOR VOTES to create a newsgroup within the
|comp.sys hierarchy for the Convergent Technologies, Inc. systems
|marketed as the AT&T UnixPC/7300/3B1, the Convergent Safari, the
|Motorola Miniframe, and perhaps others...
|
|During the discussion period, a consensus was reached to vote for
|the creation of a group for these systems, and a sources group.
|If successful, these groups would replace the unix-pc hierarchy.

	This is a misstatement, at least according to
	the understanding I have of the meaning of the
	term "consensus".

	A small but significant minority (myself among
	them, natch) objected strongly to this move.

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "Making the world safe for demography" - Western Culture (tm) Yoghurt