Doing thinsg to a 6300 it wasn't ever intened to deal with...

Christopher A. Cox cac at iear.arts.rpi.edu
Mon Dec 3 08:37:03 AEST 1990

	I have this monstrous old PC6300 which has been a solid,
faithful workhorse for a while, but I was trying to add an external 3.5"
floppy drive.  The controller for the external drive and the connections
are pretty straight forward, but no matter what I do I can't get it to
recognize ANY drives when I install this thing.  The configuration is as
follows:
	Original floppy cable goes to new card; new card is powered by a
split off the power supply; another floppy controller cable goes to the
floppy drive.  I am set up with one floppy, which is how I had the
motherboard switch settings as well.  The question is can anyone tell me
if there are some quirks I may have overlooked?  Should I set the
switches on the motherboard to some unlikely setting (like 4 floppies)?
	Any info would be appreciated.  I've got to the end of my string
on this one....

						Chris

Christopher Cox                      | "The shortest distance between two
cac at iear.arts.rpi.edu                |  points is always under construction."