Mystery connectors...

Gunsul prg at mgweed.UUCP
Sun Dec 16 04:25:01 AEST 1990

In article <957 at gagme.chi.il.us>, greg at gagme.chi.il.us (Gregory Gulik) writes:

> Ok, I know what an ACU Modem adapter is, and what a
> Terminal/Printer adapter is, but what are:
>
> Remote/Console   (Part No. 232 21 25 008)
> 	-and-
> 355 AF

Hi Greg!

Looking at the back of the Remote/Console connector (modular jack side that
is), with the locking pin slot down toward the floor, the number 1 pin
is to the left...

		Modular					RS-232-C

		1 ------yellow-------------------------- 1
		2 ------red----------------------------- 5
		3 ------blue---------------------------- 2

		4 --|				     |-- 8
		6 --|--------------------------------|-- 20

		5 ------black--------------------------- 3
		7 ------red/white----------------------- 7
		8 ------white--------------------------- 4

This is just like the ACU modem connector except for the short between 4&6
and 8&20.

As for the 355AF, this is a connector we use for our ISN to terminal
connections...  I'll try to draw it here in a simplified form, leaving of
the 'protection diodes' attached to pins 22, 7, 6 & 8 and 20.

		Modular					RS-232-C

		6 ------orange-------------------------- 2
						      |- 8

		  ( The /\/\/\'s are 715 ohm resistors )

--
AT&T 		|	 This space		| (708)-859-4485
Phil Gunsul	|	intentionally		| att!mgweed!prg