need 3B4000-3B2/1000 help

~XT6561340~Tom J. Toeller~C29~M19~6092~ tjt at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Tue Dec 11 01:37:03 AEST 1990

In article <13153 at vpk4.UUCP>, craig at attcan.UUCP (Craig Campbell) writes:
> >I am in the process of converting an AT&T 3B4000 ACP into a stand alone
> >3B1000/70 and I am having problems with getting the system booted.
> >I am getting an error message
> >PANIC: LBOOT: xbi not found.
> First, I'll list what you (hopefully) did to convert an ACP to a stand alone
> 3B2 1000/70.
> 1) Replace mother board with 1000/70 mother board.
> 2) Remove XBI card.
> 3) Boot from UNIX load tape.

Actually, there is no need to change the system board (as we call it) unless
you want to upgrade the machine to a 1000-80. The XBI should be removed (it
no longer serves any purpose) and the operating system should be loaded from
tape (for this system board you need 3b2 UNIX release 3.2.1, 3.2.2, or 3.2.3)
via a full restore. The only difference between the system board in the ACPs
and a stock 3b2, is the firmware (if it is different at all). This is so
you can boot through the XBI board. It is backward compatible to the 3b2.

Tom Toeller
AT&T Computer Systems Technical Services
Lisle