UMODEM

andrew scott lagodzinski Andrew at cup.portal.com
Mon Jan 8 08:29:28 AEST 1990

If this is common knowledge I didn't know about it.

	After doing a little reading, and a little playing around I have
discovered that the ATE software is not as useless as it may seem.  It
appears that the UMODEM file transfer protocal is simply 128 byte block
X-Modem using checksum.  I was reading appendix D of the Communications
Management manual that came with 3.51(thanks Lenny) and the Binary mode
sounded a lot like X-modem, so I tried it and it works.  It pads out the
last block, so you will have to trim up the end, but it is better than
ASCII capture.  Hope this helps whoever it was who was looking for the
UMODEM source code a while back.  Now you can find it easily, just get
the original X-modem source and compile it wherever you need it.

Andrew Lagodzinski  andrew at cup.portal.com or ..!sun!cup.portal.com!andrew
413 Pinehurst Ave.          "RHYTHMATISM" is the study of patterns
Los Gatos, Ca 95032              that weave the fabric of life