GSS-Terminal problems?

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Sun Jan 7 15:26:18 AEST 1990

I just installed the GSS-TERMINAL package on my site (tram) tonight,
and am having a real time getting it alive.  It was configured to use
the serial port (I have an external modem on that line).

I call it up the way the manual states (through the UA, create a
GSS-Whatever thingie), I get the 'Initializing Terminal' screen, and
then it hangs.  After about 4 minutes, I get a 'Requested Port
Unavailable', or something like that.  I know that it is talking to
the modem, as the TR light goes on .  Am I missing something obvious?
Am I the only fool using this for a tek terminal emulator :-o ??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: has anyone out there ever seen the GSS package that interfaces
with the Graphic Kernal System (GKS) stuff?  I have a program here at
school that uses the NCAR graphics routines (they make use of the
GKS), and I'd like to get it to work on the 3b1.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility
jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu			jeffrey at ccnysci.BITNET
	Anywhere!{cmcl2,philabs,phri}!ccnysci!jeffrey