Unix-PC crashing during uucico

Elliot Dierksen elliot at alfred.UUCP
Thu Jan 11 23:05:47 AEST 1990

I have been having a very annoying problem lately. While my system (3.51a
4MB RAM, HDB uucp, 2224CE0 modem) is talking to my main news feed (386 PC w
internal hayes comp. modem). It crashes. I come in and DTR is still being
sent to the modem. I hit a key to try and unblank the screen and nothing
happens. However, it always comes right back up when I hit reset. It only
seems to happen when they call me, not when I call them. I don't know if it
is just a coincidence that it is always the same system. It is my primary
news feed, and we move around 1 MB of data a day. The wierd thing is that it
isn't consistent. Sometimes I'll go a week with no problems, and this week
it has carashed 3 or 4 times??   Help!!

EBD
--
Elliot Dierksen        "I don't care if my lettuce has DDT on it,
                        as long as it's crisp!!" -- Jorma Kaukonen