3B2 memory, floppy drive

Charles Taylor taylor at qtp.ufl.edu
Tue Jan 16 03:52:09 AEST 1990

For anyone with 3b2/300 experience....

  1. Is the floppy drive that came standard on the machine a 360K or
     1.2 Mbyte floppy drive and which device do I use to address it
     as a 1.2 Mbyte drive? (if applicable).

  2. I believe the memory on these machines can be upgraded to 2 Megs.  If this
     is true...

          a. Does the upgrade significantly improve response time with three to
             five users on the system.

          b. How is the upgrade installed i.e. plug in chips, special adapter card,
             etc...?

          c. If plug in chips, how fast should they be rated.  I will also assume
             100 ns 256k DIPS unless told otherwise.

                                       Thanks in advance,

                                       Charlie Taylor
                                       taylor at qtp.ufl.edu