UUCP Help

newshound news at puzzle.UUCP
Mon Jan 8 19:29:59 AEST 1990

In article <25594 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>That assertion will NOT cause the system to think a modem connection has been
>"broken" even when you pull the modem's RJ-11 jack out of the wall; just
>think what this does if you're calling Ohio State long-distance; I suppose
>AT&T doesn't care since, for them, phone calls are free!  :-) :-)

	Take a look at how AT&T's recent modems handle DCD and you'll see the
thought behind it.  A 22xx series will drop DCD momentarily when carrier is
lost, then turn it back on again.  It makes using a non-AT&T modem difficult,
but it can be done.
	By the way... Has anyone had this happen?  Set stty hupcl, su to root,
exit, then exit or control-D again?  Here it intermittently causes DTR not to
go off.
-- Bob
attctc!puzzle!bei