Installing EIA/RAM Combo Card w/software

Jim Sanchez jim at syteke.be
Tue Jan 16 02:59:06 AEST 1990

I just received a brand spanking new EIA/RAM card from discovery
electronics(thanks jan) and have had problems getting the software
installed.  I have a system with 3.51 and 2.0 Mb of RAM (before
expansion) and when I tried to install the software from the floppy,
everything went seemingly ok until the "Installing Drivers ..."
message.  After seeing this message, the system did nothing more
although it was not hung.  I entered a <DEL> and the process
terminated although the system did not know I had the expansion.
I looked at the software log and it thought it was installed so I
removed it and started manually.

I cpioed the stuff from the disk to a directory and manually executed
the Install program as root.  Same results but I did notice that it
appeared that a program called compcnt was running continuously.  Any
ideas as to what is going on here?
Thanks

--
Jim Sanchez  {sun,hplabs}!sytek!syteke!jim OR
Hughes LAN Systems, Brussels  uunet!prlb2!sunbim!syteke!jim