Should I buy a 3b1?

william.j.zimmerman..jr zman at cbnewse.ATT.COM
Sat Jan 13 05:36:25 AEST 1990

I have been using the DOS-73 card in a UNIX PC for a couple
of years now, and in general I am pleased. In real life I used
to have to test MS-DOS software on our network products
for compatibility. After testing, I almost always would try the
software on my DOS-73 card.

As Rich Strebendt pointed out in an earlier article,  some
s/w will just plain not run/hang the card. That's the worst
case. The best case is when you don't know that you are
running the card. A lot of s/w falls in between. One
outstanding example comes to mind. I just bought the 1990
version of Turbo-Tax and decided to see what it looked like
on the DOS card. Answer - incredible. When you tell it to
show you your 1040 min graphics mode, it makes a DOS CGA
display look amateurish.

If anyone wants to know what will run and what won't, write
to me - I may have tested it.

Bill Zimmerman att!iwlcs!wjz 708-979-7677