UUCP Help

Bruce Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Mon Jan 8 05:12:25 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan6.223717.12879 at robohack.UUCP> woods at robohack.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:
|[...]
|And as Mr. McGee says, on pages 8-25,8-26 the "\M,\m" stuff is
|documented, as is the ",M" on page 8-21.  I find it hard to believe
|these are not in the generic 3.2 docs, though this is, unfortunately,
|possible.

	I checked - it is, in fact, the case. It is not
	even hinted at in "Chapter 9: Basic Networking",
	of the generic "Systems Administrator's Guide".

	No wonder folks are having so many problems...

|I also find it hard to believe the following comment was not in your
|Dialers file (but again, this is, unfortunately, possible):
|
|#  Furthermore, you must add a ",M" subfield to the line field (field
|#  2) of the associated Devices file entries, as shown here:
|#
|#	ACU culd0,M - 1200 hayes \T

	Also missing from the 3B1 BNU "Dialers" file.

	I found out about it from a friend who had
	a more up-to-date version of the file.

Groan,
--
  \\\\	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
w \66/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `/v/-e	 BitNet:   BECKER at HUMBER.BITNET
_<  \_	 "Head-slam me, Jesus, on the turnbuckle of life" - Godzibo