Amazing Ginsu UNIX-PC For Sale!!!!

Steve Simmons scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us
Thu Jul 5 10:28:22 AEST 1990

What would you pay for an experienced, proven home-performing
UNIX system of your very own?  Before you answer, just take a
look at this incredible list of features:

Complete UNIX-PC hardware, including 68010 processor, monitor,
keyboard, mouse, floppy and hard drive, 1200-baud internal modem,
serial and parallel ports, and all the fixings.  This machine started
life as a 7300, but has now been upgraded with several 3b1 components.
Current disk is ~43MB, system has 2MB RAM with Combo Card which also
gives you 2 extra serial ports for a total of 3.  And a printer port
is included absolutely free.

Fabulous UNIX-PC software from AT&T, including 3.51 operating system,
the elusive calendar, development utilities, extended editors, text
processing system, graphics drivers, installation disks and *MANUALS*
for all of same!

But wait, there's more:

A 'ls -C' list of public-domain software longer than your screen,
including gcc, rcs, config, C news (working!), nn, pathalias, elm,
faces, many FSF utilities, yaman, perl, afio, month, spiff, and
more.

And what about manuals for all the PD stuff?  But of course!  Many
are supplied both in on-line and paper form.  Better yet, the manuals
are 8.5 by 11, rather than the wimpy original size!!!!!

Ready to make an offer?  Hold on, there's more to come:

If you act now, we will throw in some SPARE HARDWARE!!!!!!!!  Yes,
a complete replacement monitor (7300 style case), 7300 power
supply, and original 20MB disk are your absolutely FREE if you
order now.  Plus a WD-2010 chip that won't work with this drive!!!!

But what happens if you find bugs?  No problem!  ALL the source
for the PD utilities are included *free* on floppies.  We will
supply you 3 (count 'em) 3 ring binders full of source code at
NO CHARGE for the floppies.  We'll even throw in enough disks to
do TWO COMPLETE backups!!!!!!

Does this system have potential?  Absolutely!  Consider that
this is an unmodified 7300 motherboard.  That means that if
you (or a trusted friend) are handy with a soldering iron, you
can:

 o Increase the drive capacity by 37% by enabling heads 9-11;

 o Add a second drive;

 o Increase the motherboard memory to 2MB, giving you 3.5MB;

 o Replace the expired battery

We'll even throw in the shipping!  In original containers, yet!

Would you give $10,000 for this?  $5000?  Well how about the incredibly
low price of $1200 --or-- Best Offer???  I'll even throw in a few hours
of free advice on managing the thing once you get it.  Write now to
scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us { ...sharkey!lokkur!scs } or if you're incredibly
anxious or bored you can call me at home 7PM-10PM Eastern Time M-F or
weekends at 313-426-8981, or 9-6M-F at the office, 313-769-4086.  Buy
now, the quantity (1) is limited!!!