Why is my 2nd ksh (only) owned by sys?

Augustine Cano canoaf at dept.csci.unt.edu
Mon Jul 23 05:35:12 AEST 1990

Sys ownership of ksh was discussed some months ago.  Of course, never having
had that problem then, I didn't save the articles.  One day, for no apparent
reason, only one ksh showed up being owned by sys as a result of a ps -e
command.  After logging out and logging back in, the first "Full screen Unix"
ksh is owned, as always, by w?.  The second is always owned by sys and all
the succeeding ones by w?, as it should be.  This happens every time, I now
always have a sys owned ksh.  If I close the sys ksh window, the next one I
open will be owned by sys.

What is causing this?  Can those who have seen this before provide some
assistance?  BTW, this is happening on a 3b1 2/75 3.51m.

Thanks in advance.

Augustine Cano		afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
				canoaf at dept.csci.unt.edu