System 5 socket driver (uipc)

Michael Gersten michael at stb.info.com
Mon Jul 9 16:45:06 AEST 1990

HAs anyone actually gotten the Uipc socket driver to work? I tried installing
it, and ran into these problems.

1. It does not know about a struct timeval (last argument to select); instead,
it takes number of seconds. This was simple enough to fix when found.

2. Every call that is supposed to take a sockaddr instead assumes that it
will be passed a pointer to a filename (a sockaddr is a structure with a
short in front of a filename.

3. No matter what I do it seems to wait forever in accept()

4. The unix domain sockets act just like files, and can have data written
out to them just like a normal file, and then that data will stay in and
can be read multiple time like a regular file (this might be related to 3 :-)

Has anyone gotten this package to work with programs that assume standard
BSD socket routines? Has anyone gotten this to work with DNET?

			Michael

--
		Michael
michael at stb.info.com denwa!stb!michael anes.ucla.edu!stb!michael