UNIX-PC Archives at Ohio State (osu-cis) copied to max for FTP

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.ICUS.COM
Tue Jul 10 05:23:36 AEST 1990

In article <1217 at icus.ICUS.COM> lenny at icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
|>From a recent posting by Karl Kleinpaste in comp.sources.d:

[...]
|>Since the "designated" place for the UNIX-PC (aka att7300) archives has
|>been Ohio-State's machine, and there really hasn't been any moderator
|>activity since Brant resigned from the position, I took it apon my self
|>to copy the archives to max.physics.sunysb.edu [129.49.21.100].  This
|>will preserve the archives just in case Karl has to remove it from the
[...]

This just in ...  Thanks to John Campbell.

|I sent him mail asking that he at least warn this newsgroup if he was
|going to remove att7300.  He replyed this morning saying that att7300
|was in no danger as it's file system was healthy.  Having a backup
|copy is fine, except the future moderator should endeavor to keep
|both sites equal.  (I'm used to osu, however.)
|
|I can't post right now or I would have tried to tell others about
|the note I got from karl.  Wish I could include the original he
|sent, but I deleted it as not worth worrying anyone about...

We're safe, or so it seems, so far ...

-L.
--
| Lenny Tropiano           ICUS Software Systems        lenny at icus.ICUS.COM |
| {ames,pacbell,decuac,sbcs,hombre,rayssd}!icus!lenny   attmail!icus!lenny  |