Help with modem settings

Michel Adam; Gov't of NWT adam at cs.UAlberta.CA
Thu Jul 26 17:12:36 AEST 1990

I am trying to set up a Packard-Bell 2400 baud modem, on tty000, on
an AT&T UNIXpc (3B1), with not much luck. Can someone e-mail me the
instructions on how to do this? The UA menus are less than helpfull.

I would like to be able to use UUCP for outgoing connections, and
also use it for incoming remote login and outgoing login (with
pcomm/asynch_main/cu).

I am running 3.51m, with only the one serial port (tty000).

There is only one phone line, connected to the OBM at this time.
I am using the 'phmon' daemon posted earlier to switch from
VOICE to DATA, but may have to abandon this with the 2400b modem.

Any helpfull soul out there?

Michel Adam
Yellowknife, N.W.T.

adam at CS.UAlberta.CA