bang problems in vi

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Fri Jul 20 17:26:43 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul20.032240.29834 at cbnewsj.att.com> avr at cbnewsj.att.com (adam.v.reed) writes:
>In article <37112 at shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, kirkaas at oahu.cs.ucla.edu (paul kirkaas) writes:
>> stty: : Not a typewriter
>
>Most likely, you are using ksh and do an stty, directly or indirectly,
>in your $ENV, which is carried out whenever !! invokes ksh. To fix,
>use something like the following in your $ENV:
>
>case $- in *s* | *i* )
>	# your interactive stuff, stty etc., goes here
>;;
>esac

Or you can employ my favorite bit of horrendousness in your .profile:

	export Envfile=$HOME/.env

(I have been accused of using Korn shell as an apl interpreter :-) )

--
When considering "victim's rights," remember  || vv  Tom Neff
that an innocent defendant is also a victim.  ^^ ||  tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM