More UUCP over TCP/IP

thomas at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu thomas at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu
Wed May 2 05:50:00 AEST 1990

We have a number of ATT 386's and 3B2's which run the uucp services over
TCP/IP.  We are using UNIX 3.2, however and we are running the Wollongong
implementation of TCP/IP over Starlan 10 boards.  I don't know if this
will make a difference with your problem or not.

The only thing I can see that is obviously missing on your configuration
is the Devconfig file.  This is the file that tells uucico or cu which
modules to push onto the stream.  In our configuration there are two
modules which must be pushed: tirdwr (the TLI interface) and ntty (the
'login' module).  These must be pushed onto the the /dev file you are
using (in our environment it is ld0).

You should have a Devconfig file in /usr/lib/uucp with a template to show
you the syntax to be used.  If you need further details, feel free to
contact me:  thomas at elmer.cba.uic.edu

Good Luck!

David E. Thomas
UIC/CBA Computer Services