6300+ addition of color

Shahrooz S. Alavi gr-ssa at cscraz.ncsu.edu
Sun May 6 08:14:25 AEST 1990

In article <7918 at rouge.usl.edu> mahler at usl.edu (Mahler Stephen J) writes:
>I have a CGA/monochrome video setup on my 6300+, and I want to upgrade to
>VGA (super VGA?).   I am also impressed with the Zenith Flat Tension Mask
>color monitor.  Has anyone put an Zenith FTM monitor on a Plus?  What video
>board did you use?   Any problems with software or hardware?
>
>Thanks ... Steve

	In order to install any other type of Video adapter in
	6300/6300+ you need to disable the existing video card.  The
	details for doing that is in the Service Manual.  If I remember
	correctly it involves replacing a chip and moving jumpers. (You
	can not simply remove the card and replace it whith another
	one).  Good luck, and if you feel like it please post the
	details to this Newsgroup.