HDERR giving some really strange numbers - Anyone have a clue?

Ronald K. Wright rwright at novavax.UUCP
Sat May 5 19:38:05 AEST 1990

brad at slammer.UUCP (Brad Isley) writes:

>Here's the first one.  I have a clue on this one.
>------------------------
>HDERR ST:71 EF:4 CL:EE CH:2 SN:E SC:2 SDH:24 DMACNT:FFFF DCRREG:9C MCRREG:C700 Fri Apr  6 18:39:19 1990

... Series of errors described.  Diferent places, different kinds.

>I'm going to run diags, etc.
>If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

I ran into similar problems.  I ran the diagnostics and they either
failed completely and I had to reboot; or they worked fine.  Something
I read suggested a power supply problem.  I switched it out and I have
had no more problems at all for about 9 months.

My conclusion was, odd Hard Drive errors suggests power supply
problems until proven otherwise.

--
R. K. Wright MD JD                     | office: uunet!medex2!medexam!rkw
Chief Medical Examiner, Broward County | nova:   novavax!rwright