3B1 power supplies and 3.51

Grant Balkema grant at g73.UUCP
Fri Nov 30 10:30:43 AEST 1990

So I have determined that my 3B1 power supply is blown (swap from
another): given a typical electronics shop at an University can it be
fixed, in other words, is there a common problem to most of these
breakdowns (Wow what a cheezey power supply, when was the last time a DEC
power supply bit the dust).  So if failing the above, anybody want to sell
me one (Thad's 3B1 PS 1610-1 D-65-00056-01, REV. A; 20A 5V, 2A 12V, .3A -12V).

I have one machine with System V version 3.0 and the other with 3.51, can
I, using my STARLAN or floppies, simply copy 3.51 from one machine to the
other? Does anybody have any Documentation they would be willing to sell me
re. 3.51. Or perhaps the Foundation set plus the Documentation.

Can one buy (anybody?) an Ethernet card (plus software) and put the
machines on an Ethernet? (Seems reasonable to me)?

Apparently these machines were setup to serve a bunch of IBM PC's with
various Word perfect and Spread sheets.  So this stuff is basically
useless unless I have a bunch of PC's, right? Any help is appreciated
			...grant balkema
--

		...harvard!g73!grant		(617) 552-8722
		...mirror!g73!grant