Unmountable disk partitions

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Fri Nov 16 07:45:56 AEST 1990

tanya at adds.newyork.NCR.COM ( tanya katz ) writes:
>I have a partitioned disk on which I want to mark one or more
>partitions as unmountable.

well, a 'perm=NOMOUNT' in the filesystem's stanza in /etc/partitions
sounds logical, but if you want to be *really* sure that you cannot
mount it even from a boot floppy, i'll be happy to send you a little
superblock editor (:-) so you can change the filesystem type magic number
or whatever you like to make mount fail.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: