3B2 Hard Drives

Kevin Lincoln Flynn flynn at clotho.acm.rpi.edu
Sun Nov 25 16:16:26 AEST 1990

We have a problem.  We've a 3B2/400 with two 72MB drives (CDC Wrens, unless I
misremember), and we cannot format the disks with idtools.  We say 'formhard'
and enter the defect table, and then spits 'cannot read physical info' at us
and quits.  Help!  We need this machine....  any information anyone has would
be greatly appreciated.  Schemes which rely on running DOS boxes, 3B2/300s,
/400s or a 3B15 can be implemented.

Also, if Steve Friedl still reads this group, please drop me a line....

Again, help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!

----
Kevin Lincoln Flynn    flynn at acm.rpi.edu, userfwvl at mts.rpi.edu
494 Madison Avenue     H (518) 432-0812  W (518) 447-8561
Albany, New York, USA  12208
...Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.