3b15 - How good?

Dave Shevett shevett at mccc.uucp
Wed Nov 7 11:13:56 AEST 1990

I had an interesting phone call from a friend and fellow scrounger today.
He had someone offer him a '3b15' that has been sitting around for a year
or so, as long as he came and got it.

I know about the 3b2 and 3b1 series, but almost nothing about the 3b15.  It
has 6meg of RAM in it, and several ~150meg SMD drives on it.  A great
bargain (free?), well, the catch is it's about 250 miles from here, and
we'd have to rent a truck to go get it.

The question is - is it worth it?  I run a 3b1, several PC's, and a 33mghz
'386 at home (Xenix) - this is all the power I need - The other fellow has
2 microvaxen and some other miscellania.  Performance wise, what does the
3b15 rank next to, say, a nicely configured '386?

E-Mail would be appreciated....