3b1 monitor problem (full text)

randolph.little rsl at cbnewsm.att.com
Fri Nov 16 09:17:09 AEST 1990

(Sorry for dropping part of text earlier!)

The horizontal sweep on my 7300/unix_pc/3B1 has begun to
show signs of failure (characters appear progressively
narrower to the right, and column 1 is edging to the left.
Is anyone on the net able to offer
experience on what to expect next and how soon and how to
refurbish it before it is too late?

This machine "bonasa" was delivered as a 1x20 7300 in 1985,
and has been on the air virtually continuously ever since
then, except for a couple of office moves
and upgrades to 2x40 and 3.51m.  My Terminal Reference
Manual does  not include schematics for
the monitor.  Can anyone advise me if there are discrete
components, such as coupling capacitors, that are the likely
culprits and can be replaced?  And can anyone offer a
schematic of the monitor?  Many thanks.   -- Randy

	Randolph S. Little  <randolph.little at att.com>
	#UUCP: bonasa!rsl or mtuxo!rsl or attmail!rsl
	#DDD: 908-658-2640	#FAX: 908-658-2823
	#USMail: AT&T C02-34D64
	55 Corporate Drive, Bridgewater, NJ 08807-6991