CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.sys.3b1

jeffrey templon templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Nov 20 02:03:11 AEST 1990

I for one concur with nearly everything Mr. Isley said in his posting.
I think he left out one other reason for creating comp.sys.3b1:

In article <1990Nov19.040128.29048 at bagend.uucp> jan at bagend.uucp (Jan Isley) writes:

>I think the Purpose line pretty well sums up my idea of a charter for
>this group.  Now that I have thrown the ball out, I guess that I am
>supposed to start off with some rational reasons why we need comp.sys.3b1.
>
>Well, why not.  There are lots of people out in the world who have 3b1s.

One other reason for creating comp.sys.3b1 is that now we are having lots
of erroneous posts to unix-pc.* by people who are running *nix clones
on their 80xx6 PC-clone machines, thinking that unix-pc means "unix on
an IBM-PC (clone) machine.  comp.sys.3b1 seems an unlikely name to confuse
with anything else (except maybe for a place to post requests to send mail
to guiness book of world records candidates.)

					Jeff