Where can I get software/manuals?

Eva Marie Allen eva at evapc.UUCP
Thu Nov 15 04:44:35 AEST 1990

I posted this to unix-pc.general, but I forgot to cross-post to
comp.sys.att.  Here it is again, and sorry for the wasted space.

Hi, fellow netters.

I bought a new 3B1 not too long ago.  I have several questions that I
didn't find on the FAQ list.

First, I couldn't get software for it from AT&T (believe me I *tried*),
so I got it from other places.  But that left me without manuals or
any manual pages, so I'm stuck trying to remember how, say, cpio
works and typing in things like "date +%a", "date +%b", and writing
down what happens so I can find out what options each command has
and what each of the options do.  Needless to say, this is less than
optimal.  Does anyone know where I can get either on-line man pages
or manuals so that I can RTFM when I need to know something?

Second, is troff available?  Where can I get it if it is?

Third, somebody has already asked if troff can be used with a
dot-matrix printer.  Could you please post your responses, or
alternatively, could that somebody please summarize and post the

Thanks in advance.
--
uucp path: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!evapc!eva
domain path:  Not yet officially listed