comp.sys.3b1.*?

Jon H. LaBadie jon at jonlab.UUCP
Fri Nov 23 17:54:22 AEST 1990

In article <11636 at alice.att.com>, wilber at alice.att.com (Bob Wilber) writes:
> David Sandberg is right.  The only sources groups not under comp.sources are
> our own unix-pc.sources and gnu.emacs.sources, both of which are in
> "alternative" hierarchies.  And since the Guardians of the Net who read
> news.groups love to shoot down any proposal that isn't *exactly* right, the
> names ought to be:
>
> comp.sys.3b1       (no need to append a .general)
> comp.sources.3b1

Also, the net.guardians might prefer for comp.sources.3b1 to be moderated
since nearly all other comp.sources groups are moderated.  The only ones
I see unmoderated are things like comp.sources.d, comp.sources.bugs, and
comp.sources.wanted.  It seems all the comp.sources.SYSTEM are.

Perhaps we should have a moderator lined up before proposing a vote.

How's your schedule in Texas Lenny?

Jon

--
Jon LaBadie
{att, princeton, bcr, attmail!auxnj}!jonlab!jon