Harddrive power supplies

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Thu Nov 29 15:59:16 AEST 1990

In article <36101 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
|[...]
|For the record, the 3B1 power supply IS able to start and sustain a Maxtor
|mounted in the system cabinet; I have NOT tried a 7300 power supply that way
|(but that's moot since the mongo Maxtor won't fit in a 7300 cabinet! :-)

	I've been running a Maxtor 2190 and a Maxtor 1105
	from a 3B1 power supply for many months without a
	problem. The system also has a combo card, loaded
	with memory, so the power supply is getting a big
	workout 8^)...

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "I still have my phil-os-o-phy" - Meredith Monk