Metermaid (Was Re: Another experience with FIXDISK2.0 for UNIXpc)

Dave Hanna dave at dms3b1.uucp
Wed Nov 14 23:56:22 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov12.041705.27425 at uhura.neoucom.EDU> wtm at uhura.neoucom.EDU (Bill Mayhew) writes:
>I had problems with poor serial port performance with the 3.51m
>kernel, though I did like the metermaid display and improved screen
>blanker being able to be unblanked even with non-typing keys.  All
>the patches to the other programs seemed backwards compatible to
>the standard 3.51 kernel, so I kept those.
Speaking of the Metermaid display, I've been intending to ask about
it for awhile.  I installed the fixdisk about 2 months ago, and
like it, although it doesn't seem like a big deal.  I like the screen
unblanking on any key (e.g., Shift or Control alone).

Lenny's post about the features (see Frequently Asked Questions)
says that the triple key sequence F6 is supposed to "Toggle" the
Metermaid display.  Well, on my system, it "Toggles" it on, but
it won't Toggle it off.  Also, when the screen blanker activates,
the metermaid display does not blank.  And the triple key-F1
(display status of the triple key function keys) never goes away,
i.e., once you hit triplekey-F1, that display stays there, too.
Is this normal behavior, or have I screwed something up, and
if so, any idea what?

Also, can someone give me the file name of the metermaid info
file at osu?  I can't find it in my [admittedly old] listing
of the files there. (The display is cute, but it would be nice
to know what it meant!)

--
Dave Hanna,  Infotouch Systems, Inc. |  "Do or do not -- There is no try"
P.O. Box 584, Bedford, TX 76095      |                        - Yoda