FM ERRORS

Tom Lieuallen lieualt at guille.ece.orst.edu
Tue Nov 13 03:39:37 AEST 1990

   I have very recently started learning about and helping with our
three ATT 3B2/310s.  Unfortunatley, we have hit a new low in their
performance.  All three of them are incapacitated!!

  Two of the ATTs crash while running the self-check and give this error:
FW ERROR 1-02:  DISK SANITY ERROR.   It suggests looking in our System
Administration Unitilities Guide, which refers us again to our ATT service
representative.  Calling ATT would cost far too much.  Does anyone know
what error 1-02 is really trying to tell us?  No, the hard disk is not
locked.

  The third ATT crashes during self-check and give this error:
FW ERROR 1-03:  UNEXPECTED FAULT.  It gives the same solution to our
problem:  Call ATT.  This machine was just running last night.  It has
given this error before, but it has never been this persistent.

  One of the ATTs may very well have a bad hard disk.  It was making
funny sounds.  ATT #2 had its password file corrupted.  And I'm afraid that
I just screwed up ATT #3 while trying to set up a device driver for an
extra hard drive.

  Any help that can be given would be very much appreciated.  Those
machines are dead until we can get some help.  I'm at the end of my rope.
Can someone help?

Tom Lieuallen					support at ece.orst.edu
lieualt at guille.ece.orst.edu