Extended memory for 6386?

John Breeden jbreeden at netcom.UUCP
Sun Nov 4 08:40:27 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov2.135434.5488 at eng.umd.edu> green at eng.umd.edu (Michael D. Green) writes:

>Does anybody know of a decent product or public domain software
>which allows use of extended memory on a AT&T 6386 WGS running DOS?
>Specifilally I want to get StarGroup software out of the 640k base,
>at least as much as possible. I bought Qemm by Quarterdeck and have
>had nothing but problems.
>Any help appreciated.....

Strange, I've had nothing but success with QEMM and DOS 3.3a with a 6386.
StarGroup 3.3 (Lan Manager/X) supports running the redirector in extended
memory (switch is in lanman.ini) and the ISO stack (attiso.dos) in expanded
memory (switch is in protocol.ini).

The amount of ram used in conventional memeory goes from ~110k to ~40k.

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden at apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden