X Windows (again) on the AT&T 3B2

Robertson John MAJ aj4640 at dean1.usma.edu
Mon Nov 26 10:05:04 AEST 1990

Several problems still trying to get X11R4 clients running on an ATT 3B2...

After the Tliserver creates the slave, the code tries to do a chmod which
promptly bombs.  The slave name seems to be garbage string, but I can't be
sure.  In any case, I can't seem to work around this difficulty.  (The Xdaemon
is running and the Xconnections file is set up properly).

Several folks pointed out that tcp would be a more direct way to run the
clients than streams.  So I tried some alternatives.  One was to replace the
STREAMSCONN cpp symbol with TCPCONN and then UNIXCONN.  Both tries led to
problems with errors in the socket.h and tcp.h header files when trying to
compile XConnDis.c (part of libX11).

Can anyone offer any additional insight into either a) how to get the STREAMS
to work right or b) how to compile and work directly with TCP?

Many thanks...:-)

Jack
aj4640 at dean1.acd.usma.edu