3B2/300

Art Gentry gentry at kcdev.UUCP
Tue Nov 13 09:20:13 AEST 1990

In article <36122 at nigel.ee.udel.edu> rohn at cis.udel.edu (David C. Rohn) writes:
>I have recently gotten hold of a 3B2/300 running system V. Upon trying to
>boot the machine I get the following:
>
>	FW ERROR 1-01:	NVRAM SANITY FAILURE
>			DEFAULT VALUES ASSUMED
>			IF REPEATED, CHECK THE BATTERY

May or may not be a dead battery.  More than likely just means that it was
unplugged longer than the battery could hold up NVRAM.  Once you get past
your 2nd problem, NVRAM will be automaticly rebuilt and if you power off
again and it comes up with the same error on power up, THEN you probably
have a dead battery.

>	FW ERROR 1-02:	DISK SANITY FAILURE

This means that your disk has lost its sanity track information.  Assuming
the disk has not physicaly crashed, can be rebuilt using 'devtools' and
some versions of 'dgmon'.  Sounds more than likely that your disk or
interface has bought the big one :-{

--
| R. Arthur Gentry  Gentry and Associates  Excelsior Springs,  MO  64024 |
| Email: gentry at kcdev.uucp          MA Bell Voice: 816-637-2443          |