Wlogin for UNIX-PC

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Fri Nov 16 13:51:36 AEST 1990

In article <1243 at eci.UUCP> lll at eci.UUCP (Linda L. Lassor) writes:
|A long time ago there was posted a program called wlogin, which enabled
|multiple login sessions on the console.  HOWEVER, there are some problems
|with this:  for some reason it messes up the utmp/wtmp stuff so that
|other programs think you're 'wlogin' and not your real login name... no
|matter what window you're in.
|
|Has anyone another program similar to this that doesn't cause these problems,
|or an updated copy of wlogin?

	Here's some lines from my "/etc/inittab" file -

	vid:2:respawn:/etc/getty window CONSOLE
	vi2:2:respawn:/etc/getty window CONSOLE
	vi3:2:respawn:/etc/getty window CONSOLE
	vi4:2:respawn:/etc/getty window CONSOLE

	"CONSOLE" refers to an entry in the "/etc/gettydefs" file:

CONSOLE# EXTA CLOCAL BRKINT IGNPAR ISTRIP IXON IXOFF OPOST ONLCR # CLOCAL HUPCL BRKINT ICRNL IXON OPOST ONLCR EXTA CS8 CREAD ISIG ICANON ECHO ECHOE ECHOK TAB0 #Direct (Console) login: #CONSOLE

	I use the "<SHIFT>-Suspd" and "<SHIFT>-Rsume"
	keys to move around the window list.

	Make sure that the login for the first window
	is the one you want for the "Mail" icon etc.
	To do this, click on the "Window Manager" icon
	in the upper-right of the screen and select the
	first window-id in the list after reboot.
	Then log in as yourself (or whoever).

	I run logins for myself, uucp, news and root
	in the four windows I've set up. Each is a
	separate login just like ones from the serial
	port etc., with utmp entries etc.

"Works for me..."
--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "I still have my phil-os-o-phy" - Meredith Monk