remote execution etc. on StarLAN

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.att.com
Thu Oct 18 21:32:28 AEST 1990

In article <3750 at rossignol.Princeton.EDU>, tr at samadams.princeton.edu (Tom Reingold) writes:
> Someone wrote some programs that implement or emulate or hearken from
> TCP/IP programs such as rlogin, rsh (or call it remsh if you prefer),
> and they ran on the 3B1 or something on a LAN running StarGROUP.  Where
> was it posted or archived?  I would like to try compiling them on 3B2's
> and 386's.
> --

it was a port of BSD rlogin et. al. to *STARLAN-1* for the 3b1.
you'll probably find it on osu-cis.

while you might make it work on a 3b2/starlan-1, i don't believe such
was ever offered for the 386.  on the other hand, you don't need it
for starlan-10 -- isn't it just ethernet over twisted pair?  can't you
just run the BSD stuff as is?

--
Ragged Individualist	| 	You just have _N_O idea!  It's the difference    |