/etc/.cronstart

Mark Schulman mark at crescent.uucp
Wed Oct 24 10:04:05 AEST 1990

In <656613920 at macbeth.cs.duke.edu> pusateri at duke.cs.duke.edu (Thomas
J. Pusateri) writes:

> I am using 3.51m on the att 3b1 (unix-pc) and I was wondering if
> someone tell me what should be the file /etc/.cronstart ? I noticed
> that this file is looked for in /etc/rc though I'm not sure what its
> contents should be if you want to start cron.

Shouldn't need anything in there.  On the Unix PC, the status manager
(smgr) provides the functionality of cron.  If smgr is running, yer set
to use cron's features.  /etc/cron is provided for those who have some
kind of religious prohibition against smgr.  To that end, /etc/.cronstart
is only necessary if you're not running the status manager, want to run the
real cron, and don't want to change /etc/rc.

Mark Schulman		(407) 661-8374	|			  cbis2!mls
Cincinnati Bell Information Systems	|	    att!auxnj!crescent!mark
851 Trafalgar Ct., Maitland, FL  32751	| uunet!tarpit!alfred!crescent!mark