3b1 uucp connections

Patrick Place prp at sei.cmu.edu
Sun Oct 28 04:25:42 AEST 1990

Can anyone help?  I am trying to connect a 3b1 running 3.51 with
the standardly installed uucp to another Unix machine.  I have a
couple of problems:

1)  Using cu, I can get the 3b1 to talk to the Plexus, but
when I turn off the getty on the Plexus and turn it on on the 3b1
I get nothing!

2) Having got the communication working in one direction with cu,
ie from the 3b1 to the Plexus, I tried uucp.  I get the Rmtname
response with the name of the remote machine, and then everything
dies.  Of course, this may be in large part due to my lack of
experience with uucp.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be most grateful.
I am particularly interested in suggestions with respect to #1.

Thanks all.

Pat Place   prp at sei.cmu.edu