rn (latest patch level) patched to run on the unix pc?

Augustine Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Tue Oct 23 09:05:09 AEST 1990

I've been running rn patchlevel 40 (the latest version to compile without
major headaches on the unix pc.)  I patched the source up to patch 47 but
gave up on compiling it.  PL40 has been doing the job just fine.

Now I need to use rn through /dev/ph1 and the "open("/dev/tty",0)" bug bit
me.  Does anyone out there have either:

- a binary of rn PL 47 (or whatever the latest is) with the above bug
  fixed, for the unix pc (3.51m) preferably linked with shared libs?

- source for rn PL 47, suitably patched to compile on the unix pc (cc or
  gcc)?

- unix pc specific patches to rn PL 47?

- the FTP address where any of the above might be found? (it's not at
  the osu archives)

The (first?) problem compiling rn PL 47 is with the directory code.  I have
Doug Gwynn's dirent library.  So, anybody running the latest rn on the
unix pc?

Thanks in advance.

Augustine Cano		INTERNET: afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
			UUCP:     ...!{ernest,tsci,egsner}!shibaya!afc