running Window3 on ATT6300plus

nienchih.wei ncw at cbnewsk.att.com
Tue Oct 16 23:54:54 AEST 1990

I have been trying to make window 3 working on ATT6300plus for
3 days now. The best I can do is running in real mode and mono
display.

My system consists of ATT6300Plus with one meg memory on mother
board and an additional 2 meg memory board from ATT. An ATT
color monitor with enchanced display board.

Here is what I am able to achieve:

The enchanced display board is out because window 3 does not have
a driver for it. The 2 meg memory board is out also. With the
board in, Window3 will start but stopped before displaying the sand clock.

>From the readme.txt file, one gets the impression that the ATT's
memory board should be recognized by Window3 software HIMEM in
mode 5. However, not only the Window3 can not run with the board in,
Window3 also will not run in the standard mode with the one meg motherboard
memory. With board in, HIMEM will be loaded by config.sys without complain,
but then, Window3 will not run. Without board, HIMEM complains no
extended memory and fails. But then, I can run window3 in real mode.

If you have able to run beyond the real mode in mono display,
please let me know the dipswitch setting on memory board, display board,
and mother board, and the config.sys file.  Thank you!!!!!