UPS/SPS testing re: AC protective ground

Neal P. Murphy murphyn at motcid.UUCP
Fri Oct 26 02:21:30 AEST 1990

dold at mitisft.Convergent.COM (Clarence Dold) writes:

>On other Convergent Systems designed in the 3B1 era, pin 1 was not a good
>place to attach the drain from the shield on an RS232 cable.

>The chassis and logic ground are separate, "stitched" together with a number
>of capacitors.  All of that shielding metal is to keep the zaps on the
>outside.

Quite true. But I though that pin 1 was chassis ground and pin 7 was logic
ground on RS232c. Granted, the little pin may not handle lots of current,
but it is supposed to be part of the shielding connection.

NPN