3B2 crashes mysteriously

Jon Allen jrallen at devildog.att.com
Wed Oct 24 02:18:26 AEST 1990

>>We've seen some problems up here in Canada with kernel MMU fault (F_ACCESS) on
>>machines running SVR3.2.2 and TCP/IP.
>
>> KERNEL MMU FAULT (F_ACCESS) problem.  We run a 3B2/600 SVR3.2.2, TCP/IP

This is a well-known bug; the AT&T hotline has a fix for 3.0.1.  I haven't
tested WIN/3B 3.2 yet to see if the fix is included in that release.  Many
of our customers were having the problem and it turned out to be an
improperly freed up streams q in one of the TCP modules.  This bug shows up
quickly if you have heavy TCP/IP traffic.

-Jon
jrallen at devildog.att.com