3B1 Electric bill!

Ron Wilson rlw at ttardis.UUCP
Wed Oct 3 03:55:59 AEST 1990

In article <806 at tsnews.Convergent.COM>, bri at tsnews.Convergent.COM (Brian Rice) writes:
>car at ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
>

>>After leaving the 3B1 one for a month, like the manual suggests, I received
>>my first electric bill.
>
>>Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>>My electric bill increased by $20 per month!
>
>Look somewhere else, fellow 3b1'er... it ain't the PC at fault by any
>means.  If you're leaving three lightbulbs burning constantly you're
>burning more power than the average 3b1!  With an increase of that size
>I think I'd look to see if someone is running a Motor Home off of an
>extension cord out your backyard!!!

One other thing: the heat from the 3B1 could be causing your airconditioning
to run more.

About MS-DOS: "... an OS originally designed for a microprocessor that modern
                kitchen appliances would sneer at...."
                   - Dave Trowbridge, _Computer Technology Review_, Aug 90

                                     iwblsys\
rlw at ttardis	    uunet!rel.mi.org!cfctech!ttardis!rlw
                sharkey.cc.umich.edu/
    rel.mi.org is currently sick - back in 2 weeks.