3B1 Electric bill!

Chris Rende car at ramecs.UUCP
Mon Oct 1 23:09:51 AEST 1990

Like most folks, I have a tight budget. When I made plans to buy a 3B1
I didn't take into considering the monthly cost of electricity to feed the
thing. (My newsfeed is a local phone call away - with unlimited local
calling there is no cost there).

After leaving the 3B1 one for a month, like the manual suggests, I received
my first electric bill.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My electric bill increased by $20 per month!

Is this reasonable?!

Did anyone else notice a big jump in their electric bill?!

I don't want to turn the system on and off daily, nor do I want to do
something like leave it on for 4 days and off for 3 days. But I would
like to reduce the electric bill!

This makes me think that AT&T is an electric company, not a communications
company. :-)

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysV/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,StarTrek