PC6300 mouse & motherboard questions

Douglas F. DeJulio dd26+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 30 01:29:24 AEST 1990

I've recently had my PC6300 returned to me after lending it to somone
for a couple of months.  I've started acquiring new software for it
again.  One pitfall is that the mouse driver I'm using seems severely
outdated, and doesn't work properly with software more recent than
about 1986.  Ugh.  I'm using the standard two button AT&T mouse, which
plugs into the keybard.  I've also got a three button logitek mouse
which can plug into the keyboard, and when I use the old driver with
this mouse it actually almost works (x and y dimensions are reversed,
and the buttons do strange things).  I'm looking for an up-to-date
driver for either of these mice.  Can anyone point me to a source?
Can anyone give me enough informationi to write one?  Without it my
mice are useless.

FYI, I scavanged the three-button mouse from a busted Tektronics
workstation that I bought for parts.

I'm also begining to think about replacing my motherboard with
something heftier.  What other motherboards will fit in this box?  I'd
like to keep using my AT&T monitor and keyboard and such, so I guess
I'm looking for alternative AT&T or Olivetti motherboards.  Is there a
386 that fits?
--
Doug DeJulio
dd26 at andrew.cmu.edu