PC 6300+ & 6310 help needed.

mka mka at sean.UUCP
Sat Oct 20 16:32:49 AEST 1990

I have two 6300+ machines which exhibit the same symptoms:

upon power-up, the machines enter the hardware self-test, evidently
getting to the keyboard chip test because the keyboard lights
flash rapidly. No information appears on the screen, so the machines
must be getting stuck before the video test.

Since I have two machines failing the same way, I thought that this
might be a common failure. Hopefully, someone will know what this
is and how to fix it. Failing that, does anyone know a good and
inexpensive shop to repair these motherboards?

Also, I have 6310 motherboards, which I understand are AT compatible.
Does anyone know if these are drop-in replacement motherboards
for the 6300, or the 6300+?
Since the bus boards and video adapters for the 6300 and 6300+ are
different, I presume the 6310 board will only work in one of the two
models (or maybe neither of the two). Does anyone know the dip switch
setting for the 6310?

Please mail to:

	uunet!sean!mka

Thanks in advance,