PC6300 Clock problem...

Peter Fales psfales at cbnewsc.att.com
Wed Sep 12 13:44:53 AEST 1990

In article <26014 at boulder.Colorado.EDU>, turnerk at boulder.Colorado.EDU (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:

> 	I own an AT&T PC6300 and have a problem with my clock.  With
>	the version of dos that came with the computer everything worked
>	fine.  I have since upgraded to MS-DOS V3.3.  Now the clock does
> 	not keep time when the computer is turned off.  Is there a special
> 	driver I need or did the battery just mysteriosly go dead when I
>	switched dos versions.

The DOS 2.11 that comes with the 6300 includes a built-in clock driver
that understands the hardware clock.  If you upgrade, you need to use
an installable driver.  AT&T includes one with their DOS 3.3, but I have
seen public domain drivers on a number of different BBS systems.

--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 5B-420
N9IYJ            		2000 N. Naperville Rd.