Problem with cu script when uugetty is running

Ami Motro ami at kodkod.usc.edu
Wed Sep 26 03:00:17 AEST 1990

Hello 3B2 experts:

I have recently changed the port program on my 3B2 from "getty" to "uugetty".
With uugetty running, I should still be able to "cu" or "uucico".

It seems, though, that when I run cu (or uucico), the modem (a hayes
compatible) does not respond to the AT command in the Dialers script with OK.

It appears that the reason is the high DTR signal (from uugetty), because when
I kill "cu", the DTR goes away for a while (until uugetty reasserts it), and in
this period the Dialers script works fine.

Any clean solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ami Motro

ami at usc.edu