Number of users limit for Unix 3.2.1 (is what)?

pri=-1 Lenny Tropiano lenny at alps.UUCP
Wed Sep 26 00:59:55 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep23.145904.18199 at uhura.neoucom.EDU> wtm at uhura.neoucom.EDU
(Bill Mayhew) writes:
>The recent discussion the 16 user limit and expansion thereof for
>3.2.2 led me to wonder about my 3.2.1.  I looked for /etc/license
>or mention in the manuals, but there is no mention of the subject.

[...]

/etc/license exists, and has since I loaded the "16 user license" and
then subsequently the "unlimited user license upgrade".

# ls -l /etc/license
-r-xr-xr-x   1 bin      bin         2900 Jun 15  1989 /etc/license
# file /etc/license
/etc/license:	iAPX 386 executable
# /etc/license
This system has unlimited per user licensing.
# strings /etc/license
This sysytem does not implement per user licensing.
This system has unlimited per user licensing.
This system has per user licensing limited to %d concurrent users.
         (((((                  H
 !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\]^_`ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ{|}~
CHRCLASS
ascii
/lib/chrclass/

[...]

As you can see AT&T doesn't proof read their programs :-) "sysytem" :-)

-L.
--
Lenny Tropiano                 Project Manager / Sr. Software Engineer
American LP Systems, Inc.      E-MAIL (day) : ...{icus, sbcs}!alps!lenny